SFR’s 4G: On Target
More Than 40% of the French Population Now Covered by SFR’s 4G Network 1,200 Cities and Towns Reached, Now Including Amiens, Arles, Besançon, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Mulhouse, Nice, Rennes, Tours and Valence
More than a year after introducing its 4G service for consumers and businesses in France, SFR has reached its ambitious target, covering more than 40% of the population – i.e. 1,200 cities and towns – as of December 31, 2013. Among the new cities reached, SFR officially announced the lighting up of its 4G network in Amiens, Arles, Besançon, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Mulhouse, Nice, Rennes, Tours and Valence. The operator reached a new stage in the generalization of superfast mobile broadband, at the service of businesses’ performance and consumers’ digital lives.
- More than 40% of the population is covered by SFR’s 4G network, which reached 1,200 cities and towns on December 31, 2013 (see the full list on sfr.fr)
- Amiens, Arles, Besançon, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Mulhouse, Nice, Rennes, Tours and Valence now enjoy SFR’s 4G coverage
- SFR provides France’s best superfast mobile broadband coverage, with more than 70% of the population covered by the combined Dual Carrier and 4G networks (DC-HSPA+ and LTE)
- For consumers, the Formules Carrées 4G subscriptions with SFR’s Extras are available starting at €30.99/month. The new web-based RED packages start at €25.99/month, without a tie-period, and give unlimited 4G access to YouTube
- Professionals and businesses can choose from a range of adapted 4G offerings.
SFR’s ambitious deployment programme continues into 2014
The 4G network’s unprecedented national rollout is made possible, in particular, by the use of the 800 MHz frequency band, which provides a broader range with fewer mobile sites and delivers better indoor coverage.
For consumers: innovative offerings including premium content
The Formules Carrées 4G packages with SFR’ Extras starting at €30.99/month
Two years after their launch, SFR’s Formules Carrées packages continue to evolve. Focused on mobile Internet and customer care, they add new content to provide a better experience of 4G starting at €30.99/month.
The major innovation of the Formules Carrées 4G lies in SFR’s Extras. These services meet strong customer expectations by providing easy access – anytime and anywhere – to the content they want. Such Extras include assistance to drivers, music, films, games and the press: the best premium content, provided by recognized players in their respective fields:
- iCoyote, the European leader of real-time traffic information, brings together a community of more than 2 million users
- Napster, the streamed music service, gives unlimited anytime/everywhere access to 20 millions tracks, by playlist, offline or as a radio
- Canalplay has a catalogue of more than 5,000 shows (in French or with subtitles), expanded every month with 600 new releases
- Gameloft, the leading global publisher of digital and social games, provides unlimited access to its extensive catalogue of more than 80 downloadable games
- SFR Presse gives access to five periodicals per month, to be chosen from more than 200 newspapers and magazines
4G subscribers get to choose one Extra free of charge. These premium perks complete the range of 4G services offered in the previous versions of the Formules Carrées (including SFR’s live and on-demand TV programming, with 130 channels, some of them HD), for the best superfast mobile broadband experience. The multi-SIM packages (up to four SIM cards with a single subscription) enable households to make the most of 4G on all devices. And SFR Cloud provides 100 GB of online storage free of charge to all Formules Carrées 4G subscribers.
sfr.fr’s RED with unlimited 4G access to YouTube
Pursuing its strategy of developing usage on its superfast mobile networks, SFR added a new RED 5 GB 4G plan to its 100% web-based RED range with no tie-in period.
Starting January 14, 2014, this innovative offering will be available for €25.99/month and will include:
- Unlimited 4G access to YouTube
- 5 GB of data over SFR’s Dual Carrier and 4G superfast broadband networks
- Unlimited 24-by-7 calls to Metropolitan France and to overseas French départements (except Mayotte), to North America and to landlines in 41 countries
- Unlimited text messages and MMSs
With this new package, SFR is broadening its RED range by bundling in one of its customers’ favorite content services.
For businesses, SFR Business Team’s mobile range includes unlimited access to cloud computing applications, as well as a device management and security service
SFR Business Team is offering 4G subscriptions with 2 GB to 8 GB monthly data allowances for smartphones and tablets/PCs. The plans include a device management and security service that ensures the remote configuration of fleets of terminals and secures data in case of loss or theft of a device. These subscriptions also provide unlimited access to the SFR Business Team’s cloud computing applications, such as storage, data synchronization (SFR Sync) and collaboration (Microsoft Office 365) solutions.
List of main cities covered by SFR’s 4G network (excluding the Paris Region) :
Agen, Amiens, Andrézieux-Bouthéon, Annecy, Antibes, Arles, Beauvais, Belfort, Besançon, Blois, Bordeaux, Bourg-en-Bresse, Brest, Brive-la-Gaillarde, Caen, Cannes, Chalon-sur-Saône, Chambéry, Clermont-Ferrand, Dijon, Grenoble, La Rochelle, La Seyne-sur-Mer, Lannion, Le Havre, Le Mans, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Mérignac, Metz, Montpellier, Mulhouse, Nancy, Nantes, Nice, Orleans, Pessac, Reims, Rennes, Roanne, Romans-sur-Isère, Rouen, Saint-Etienne, Strasbourg, Toulon, Toulouse, Tours, Troyes, Valence, Vénissieux, Villeneuve d’Ascq, Valence.
List of the Paris Region cities of more than 50,000 inhabitants covered by SFR’s 4G network:
Antony, Argenteuil, Asnières-sur-Seine, Aubervilliers, Aulnay-sous-Bois, Bondy, Boulogne-Billancourt, Cergy, Champigny-sur-Marne, Clamart, Clichy, Colombes, Courbevoie, Créteil, Drancy, Epinay-sur-Seine, Evry, Fontenay-sous-Bois, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Ivry-sur-Seine, Le Blanc-Mesnil, Levallois-Perret, Maisons-Alfort, Montreuil, Nanterre, Neuilly-sur-Seine, Noisy-le-Grand, Pantin, Paris, Rueil-Malmaison, Sarcelles, Saint-Denis, Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, Versailles, Villejuif, Vitry-sur-Seine.
The full list of the 1,200 towns and cities reached by SFR’s 4G network as of December 31, 2013 and the details and terms of SFR’s offerings are available on sfr.fr
The best superfast broadband coverage in France
with more than 70% of the population covered by the Dual Carrier and 4G networks (DC-HSPA+ and LTE)
Sur le même sujet
- SFR lance la 4G+ jusqu’à 300 Mbit/s au Havre
- SFR, numéro 1 des ouvertures de sites 4G en 2016
- 4G : SFR réalise une nouvelle performance et reste n°1 de l’activation de sites 4G pour le 4ème trimestre consécutif
- Bastia, ville Très Haut Débit avec SFR
- Toujours plus rapide avec l’Ultra Haut Débit mobile