- Nous connaître
- Discover SFR
- Press releases
- SFR Press Release
- SFR Strengthens National 4G Coverage and Steps Up Investment
SFR Strengthens National 4G Coverage and Steps Up Investment
- 50% of the population now has access to SFR’s 4G. The target for end-2015 is 70%
The 4G service launched in 22 new cities of more than 50,000 inhabitants, including Ajaccio, Laval, Limoges, Lorient, Montauban, Nîmes, Niort, Pau, Perpignan and Vannes
Following Toulon in October, 4G+ (Carrier Aggregation/LTE-Advanced) is now available in Toulouse at no extra cost to customers with 4G subscriptions and compatible terminals.
First operator to launch 4G in France two years ago in the business and consumer segments, SFR now provides 4G coverage to 50% of the population. More than 75% of the population has access to SFR’s superfast mobile broadband service (Dual Carrier/DC-HSDPA+ and 4G/LTE). This broader coverage now includes almost all French cities of more than 50,000 (see below for full list), including the recent additions of Ajaccio, Laval, Limoges, Lorient, Montauban, Nîmes, Niort, Pau, Perpignan and Vannes. SFR is pursuing its rollout of 4G in France and has reached a new stage in the generalization of superfast mobile broadband, for the benefit of business’ performance and consumers’ digital practices.
- SFR, pioneer of superfast mobile broadband in France, is pursuing an ambitious deployment program SFR is intensifying its rollout program and announcing a 4G coverage target of 70% of the population by end 2015. This faster deployment of national 4G coverage is made possible – in particular – by Numericable’s takeover of the company. Indeed, Numericable’s meshed fiber optic network will enable SFR to connect more radio sites, which will further improve performance in terms of 4G and 4G+ speeds for SFR customers.
- 4G+ (Carrier Aggregation/LTE-Advanced), an evolution of the LTE standard, improves speeds and the browsing experience Like Dual Carrier (DC-HSDPA+) for 3G+, 4G+ is considered an evolution of the 4G standard. By aggregating the LTE 800 MHz and LTE 2600 MHz frequency bands, 4G+ delivers higher speeds than those of 4G*, improving the customer experience (increased throughput and comfort of browsing).
After Toulon in October, 4G+ (Carrier Aggregation/LTE-Advanced) is now available in Toulouse at no extra costs to SFR customers subscribing to a 4G plan (Carrées, Red 3 GB and Red 5 GB tariffs) and owning compatible terminals.
* 4G+ enables a maximum theoretical speed of 187.5 Mbps
SFR’s 4G service covers 50% of the French population
Superfast mobile broadband (Dual Carrier/DC-HSDPA+ and 4G/LTE) covers 75% of the population
List of the cities of more than 50,000 inhabitants covered by SFR’s 4G network (excluding the Paris Region) : Aix-en-Provence, Ajaccio, Amiens, Annecy, Antibes, Arles, Beauvais, Belfort, Besançon, Béziers, Bordeaux, Bourges, Brest, Caen, Calais, Cannes, Chambéry, Cholet, Clermont-Ferrand, Colmar, Dijon, Fréjus, Grenoble, La Roche-sur-Yon, La Rochelle, Laval, Le Havre, Le Mans, Lille, Limoges, Lorient, Lyon, Marseille, Mérignac, Metz, Montauban, Montpellier, Mulhouse, Nancy, Nantes, Narbonne, Nice, Nîmes, Niort, Orléans, Pau, Perpignan, Pessac, Poitiers, Quimper, Reims, Rennes, Rouen, Saint-Etienne, Saint-Nazaire, Saint-Quentin, Strasbourg, Toulon, Toulouse, Tours, Troyes, Valence, Vannes, Vénissieux, Villeurbanne.
List of the Paris Region municipalities of more than 50,000 inhabitants covered by SFR’s 4G network: Antony, Argenteuil, Asnières-sur-Seine, Aubervilliers, Aulnay-sous-Bois, Bondy, Boulogne-Billancourt, Cergy, Champigny-sur-Marne, Chelles, Clamart, Clichy, Colombes, Courbevoie, Créteil, Drancy, Epinay-sur-Seine, Evry, Fontenay-sous-Bois, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Ivry-sur-Seine, Le Blanc-Mesnil, Levallois-Perret, Maisons-Alfort, Montreuil, Nanterre, Neuilly-sur-Seine, Noisy-le-Grand, Pantin, Paris, Rueil-Malmaison, Sarcelles, Sartrouville, Saint-Denis, Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, Sevran, Versailles, Villejuif, Vitry-sur-Seine.
For detailed 4G coverage information, terms & conditions and 4G / 4G+ compatible terminals, please visit sfr.fr